Friday, August 11, 2006

Scrapbook Your "Cotton Candy" Days!

I LOVE Cotton Candy!! So of course that was the first candy I introduced to my grand daughter. Of course, it is now also her favorite!! But I needed an embellishment to compliment the photos and the theme.

So I MADE cotton candy for the layout!! I took pink tissue paper and crinkled it "just right", not to crinkled and as poofy as possible and made a "circle" of the crinkled tissue paper and made a stick of COTTON CANDY!! The cone handle is just a long triangle cut from cardstock. I made another one and cut a circle out of the photo, matted it on acid free pattern paper and then again on solid cardstock and put it in the middle of the 2nd poofy candy.
This is a 12x12 layout
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

To finish the layout: I double-matted each photo with acid free card stock, used stickers for the title and as you can see... no journaling! Basically there is really nothing to say and "my first cotton candy" just sounded corney - even tho that is what it was - but that precious little face covered in cotton candy was just priceless. That is one of the few memories that I KNOW I will NEVER forget. Those come around occassionally and this is one of them. I added the month/year and did my signature stamp of I Love You, N (for Nanny). I do this on ALL layouts I do for my kids.

What is used in this scrapbook layout? Double-matting with prints and solids,3-D embellishments and no journaling.

Expense of the scrapbook layout? Basically nothing as you used your scraps.

What was/is your favorite candy, food or other thing that you want to introduce your grand children or your own child too? Was it corn dogs? Black Jack gum? NECCO wafers? Babe Ruth bars?

Whatever it was/is, you gotta scrapbook that special little something in your lives to share with each other!

Share what you have done to pass on your "cotton candy" days memories - leave a comment!

No comments: