Sunday, August 27, 2006

Scrapbook Your Age at Your Child's Age!

A great idea for a scrapbook layout overflowing with memories, is to show what you did as a child and what your child is doing now - at the same age! It is really amazing the same and differences between the generation ages. This is great for the back to school going right now - start some layouts and have them ready to add those wonderful papers that will be coming home!
Scrapbook Layout Description
The first layout is a spelling test I took when I was in the 6th grade - 1968. I got a B!!! Later, in 1994 when my son was in the 6th grade, he took a spelling test and got a 100%! I had to scrapbook our tests! Our handwritting is similar, the words are similar - and you can't see it very well, but the tests were taken about 26 years apart, NEARLY TO THE DAY!!

Now granted, you might not have tests or papers from your school days, but scrapbook the kids papers anyway. You'll have that memory plus you'll be preparing for the memory you can give your grandkids when they bring home a paper to match the one mommy or daddy did when they were "their age" back in the olden days!!

Scrapbooking Techniques Used

I used the same background paper (12x12) and I matted the tests on acid free cardstock and used die cut letters on one to show it was the 6th grade for both of us. Then I added a bit of journaling on the PC and matted 3 times for that school/primary color theme and used the decorative scissors to cut some deckle edges to the mattes.

Quick, easy, inexpensive, yet oh, so full of memories!

4 comments:

Donna in Louisiana said...

Love your blog. I come several times a week just to learn something new. I'm just starting out in scrapbooking (a couple of months)and am like a sponge. I soak up a lot from your blog.

Thanks

Scrapbook Layout Ideas said...

Donna - Thank you so much! I appreciate hearing that I have been able to help someone. I remember when I first started, someone showed me their album and that is all the help I got! I had to figure it all out on my own! (Didn't have a PC back then!) It was hard but since it was something that I enjoyed I worked at it, but it is sure nice to get some tips and ideas along the way! Let me know if there is something specific that you would like to learn about. I'll do my best to help you with that, too.

Anonymous said...

I just found you a few weeks ago and really enjoy your blog! That is so neat about you and your sons report cards and also him becoming a police officer!

My question is, I am married (21 years) with no children. The only pictures I really have are pictures of vacations, our dog, and a few of my immediate family. Any suggestions on L/O's? When I'm going through eBay, 90% of the L/O's are for children.

Any ideas are welcome! Thank You!

Scrapbook Layout Ideas said...

anonymous: Thank you! I am glad I could help you. I know what you mean about them being all for kids, I am quilty of that too!

Look here in my archieves and the ones about Journaling Captures the Memory and Title Captures the Memory - those are from my vacation in Florida - just us adults - I paraticularly like using the photos to make the letters for the title.

But I will look through my collection of ideas and layouts this week and find some adult or "non-kid" layouts and techniques and let you know. Why don't you join my mailing list here and you'll get an email each time I post a new layout.